Industrial Sales Representative
Posted on: March 7, 2019
General Summary: The primary function of the Business Solutions Manager (BSM) is to perform sales calls within a designated territory by calling on prospective and existing territory accounts as defined by the organization. The BSM is tasked with securing sales contracts and agreements for products and services including but not limited to: Raymond Lift Trucks, iWarehouse, Racking Systems, and Fleet Management Services. In addition, the BSM will cultivate automation opportunities for Associated's Consulting and Systems Integration Department. The BSM is responsible for identifying new business opportunities, building and managing a sales pipeline, and securing business towards the goal of achieving or exceeding annual sales objectives. The BSM strives to establish strong relationships throughout customer organizations to ensure optimal customer satisfaction and revenue generation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: External Sales Focus:
- Focuses on selling Associated products & services based upon a complete understanding of the customer's existing and future business needs.
- Performs cold calling on new and competitive accounts in addition to building and maintaining relationships at existing customer accounts.
- Works with the Consulting and Systems Integration and Fleet Management departments to provide client solutions as applicable to our customer's business needs.
- Works with all levels within customer organizations, including executive management, to conduct sales presentations,demonstrations, negotiations and project justifications.Strategy, Organizing & Execution:
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of current product and service offerings within the competitive marketplace.
- Conceptualizes value added solutions and justifications yielding new account acquisition, account retention, and long term customer satisfaction.
- Utilizes Associated's customer relationship management system to monitor customer and prospect activity.
- Develops and/or Maintains account and territory action plans, sales pipeline, lost order reports, leads, and tasks.
- Supports and performs business initiatives such as promotions, campaigns, and trade shows.
- Meets/exceeds sales activity goals and financial targets.
- Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.Communication & Relationships:
- Provides excellent external and internal customer relations.
- Assists as a liaison with-in the company to ensure the achievement of organizational objectives.
- Promotes respect, communication and teamwork within the organization.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of storage, material handling, and distribution solutions within the supply chain.
- Knowledge of Fleet Management and Consulting and Systems Integration product offerings.
- Ability to communicate and interact with various types of personalities and authority within an organization.
- Ability to persuade others as well as display resiliency and persistency in order to close a sale.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work.
- Ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner to both internal and external customers.
- Ability to exhibit exceptional customer relations including but not limited to displaying empathy, creativity, and flexibility.
- Consistently exhibits a team oriented, customer focus with strong attention to detail.
- Must be assertive, and display a sense of urgency, motivation, confidence, and a self-starter.
- Continually develops skills by training through vendors, managers, and seminars in order to increase sales profits and income as it pertains to Material Handling Industry and Associated supplied solutions.
- Skilled in the use of customer relations management systems.Education and Experience:
- This position requires a minimum of an applicable college degree or at least 3-5 years of prior revenue increasing sales performance in the material handling industry.
- Incumbent must possess a valid and good driving record as defined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Program.
- This position requires considerable local travel daily and occasional overnight travel primarily for training.
Keywords: Associated, Ankeny , Industrial Sales Representative, Sales , Ankeny, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!