Inventory Clerk - Fresh Commissary - Full Time
Posted on: March 17, 2019
Job Title: Inventory Clerk
Location: Fresh Commissary Revision Date: 09/18
Works with management, buyers, and production crews to maintain a fresh, stocked, rotated supply of ingredients and supplies needed to produce and ship our orders.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintains an accurate inventory of ingredients as well as finished products and supplies on a daily basis .
- Uses Process Pro software program to manage P.O.S and inventory levels.
- Helps to implement and maintain an inventory storage system supported by Process Pro using FIFO, and product consolidation.
- Responsible for ensuring all warehouse and work areas are clean and organized using 5-S
- Ability to use RF scanners for inventory, pulling customer orders and moving products accurately.
- Conducts all activities in a safe manner, follows GMP's and adhere to department SOP's
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- Maintains a positive attitude; creates an atmosphere of friendliness and fun through flexibility and teamwork.
- Follows all food safety procedures.
- Adheres to company policies and individual center guidelines.
- Fills in for department employees in all areas as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as needed.
- Helps in Lean events and employee functions as needed.
Education/Experience Required to Perform Job:
- High school education or equivalent
- At least one year of production experience or warehouse experience.
- Some computer experience necessary.
- Previous experience working in a food manufacturing environment a plus.
- Must be physically able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally; exert up to 20 pounds of force frequently; and exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must be able to be on feet (standing and walking) for 6-8 hours a day.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision, and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- The duties of this position are performed mostly in the production area which is wet and refrigerated (@38 degrees).
- Frequent deadlines exist while handling multiple tasks.
- Flexibility may be needed in hours and days to meet shipping and receiving deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have the ability to use logical or scientific thinking to solve problems and with several abstract and concrete variables.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Pallet jack, Photocopier, telephone, two way radio, RF scanner and calculator. Computer and process software.
Has daily contact with customers, employees and suppliers/vendors. Has occasional contact with federal or state regulatory agencies regarding inspections.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Ankeny , Inventory Clerk - Fresh Commissary - Full Time, Professions , Ankeny, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!