Company: P1 Service, LLC.
Posted on: January 21, 2023
P1 Service, LLC, is seeking a Service Manager for our Des
Moines, IA office.Join our P1 Team!P1 Service, LLC., part of the
BCTS family of facility solutions providers, provides customers
with the best in HVAC, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing
service. Our turn-key solutions for all types of building solutions
in a variety of markets has made P1 Service one of the top
contractors in the nation. When you work for P1 Service, you'll be
part of a culture that puts safety first, treats associates like
family, and provides challenging work in a rewarding, energetic
environment. P1 Service takes pride in maintaining a high standard
of excellence along with an ethical and friendly business
culture.P1 Service, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected
veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual
with disability. We offer a competitive compensation
package.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Proactively manage annual schedule for customer visits,
prioritized by necessity, opportunity, growth potential, and
- Manages customer activities of assigned customer base to
- Service call and spot management.
- Agreement repair management.
- Job or service project management.
- Job site safety.
- Site compliancy.
- Customer/Contractor logistics.
- Acting as account expert: special provisions, terms of
agreement, communication of terms to field.
- Proactively manage agreement renewals in a timely manner.
- Proactively manage PM hours and materials.
- Participate in supporting accounts receivable activities.
- Participate in supporting billing questions and accuracy.
- Proactively manage annual schedule for technician visits with
the assistance of Lead Technician.
- Participate in development of service technicians
- Shared responsibility with Lead Technician
- Support personal growth, skill development, and identifying
career path of service technicians
- Lead annual performance evaluation activities.
- Proactively manage development of Lead Technicians for the
- Personal growth-leadership development, financial acumen
development, and decision making
- Desired career path development
- Participate in the following specific sales activities:
- Internal strategy sessions
- Engagement with Service Project Sales and Performance Solutions
- Growth of existing PM accounts
- Manage small project or spot call pricing through Lead
Technician for opportunities that require minimal research.
- Promotes P1 to help maintain and develop future opportunities
to negotiate or bid service contracts or projects.
- Interacts with service technician(s) through Lead Technician to
ensure developing technically
- Develops additional business by engaging with customer - expose
them to other service offerings
- Plans, directs, and controls all activities relating to service
spot and PM agreements and assigned service projects from the
marketing through the collection of revenue to achieve target
revenue and GP goals.
- Reviews weekly resolutions for accounts
- Works with PM and Supervisor to get the right person and
resource for the task
- Reviews weekly billings to ensure charges are accurate, PO's
are accounted for and applicable charges are on billing
- Reviews contract profitability monthly
- Interacts with coordinator to deliver and receive information
and be involved with decisions of labor and scheduling
- Supports Lead Technician to provide technical and management
support as needed for field personnel, sales and service department
- Develops new and sustains existing relationships by directing
Service Supervisors to perform quality checks and resolving
problems as they occur in a timely fashion.
- Updates labor rates and contract increases.
- Works closely with operations team to ensure weekly and monthly
activities are complete.
- Contract responsibilities
- Contract profitability
- Warehouse assistance
- Works with other service teams to keep department motivated and
working efficiently to achieve department goals.
- Managerial Teamwork
- Establishes and maintains a collaborative working relationship
with General Manager by providing him/her timely, accurate, and
complete information and by answering his/her questions and
- Coordinates with appropriate P1 Service departments for timely
delivery of material and manpower resources.
- Provides timely, accurate, and complete information to the
company's senior leaders.
- Lives the P1 Service operating principles and leads in
accordance with the Company's leadership model.
- Defines training requirements and coordinates for training
interventions that promotes the professional growth of all assigned
- Coaches and mentors direct reports and promotes their
professional growth by providing clear expectations; timely,
meaningful feedback (to include periodic formal performance
appraisals); and, as appropriate, recognition, redirection, or
positive discipline.Qualifications and Skills
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Experience: Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in the
mechanical service industry and 10 years is preferred. Must have
managerial experience of clients, projects, and people.
- Driving Requirements:
- Must be able to meet P1 Service qualifications to operate a
vehicle on company business. Must be able to satisfactorily pass a
motor vehicle record check. Must be at least 18 years of age and
possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check
and drug screen.
- Computer Skills: Must be proficient in using email, database,
internet, spreadsheet, and word processing applications:
specifically Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer
feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and
assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming;
maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting;
keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and
tries new things.
- Language Skills and Comprehension: Must be able to read,
analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional
journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; to
write reports, instructions to employees, and basic business
correspondence; and to effectively present information and respond
to questions from groups of managers, internal customers, and
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive
or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds
well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Written communication: Writes clearly and informatively; edits
work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written
- Mathematical Skills: Must be able to use general business and
construction/engineering mathematics skills.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities;
uses time efficiently.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops
alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving
- Reasoning Ability: Must be able to solve practical problems and
deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists, and he/she must be able to
interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form.
- Technical Skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses;
pursues training and development opportunities; strives to
continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with
Keywords: P1 Service, LLC., Ankeny , Service Manager, Professions , Ankeny, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!