Lead Plant Operator (Cylinder Filler/Loader)
Company: Airgas Inc.
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Are you ready to grow sales and be part of a passionate and
hard-working team eager to drive our business forward and exceed
customer expectations?Apply Now and move your career forward with
Airgas as a Lead Plant Operator (Filler/Loader) in Ankeny, IA!First
Shift, Monday-Friday!What you will do:The Lead Filler/Loader will
be responsible for safely handling and filling gas products into
liquid, medical and high pressure gas cylinders in compliance with
federal, state, local regulations, and meeting the standard
operating procedures of Airgas.Your responsibilities:
- Acts as a liaison between site leadership, plant personnel and
other internal departments.
- Actively participate in the Airgas safety program with regards
to SMS, adds input to production needs and is proactive in
communicating any additional production requirements based on the
demands of the business.
- Inspects cylinders prior to filling, to ensure high quality
filling is being performed by operators through following standard
procedures as required by government, Airgas, and distributor
standards. Conducts a variety of Safety checks per procedures, such
as odor tests, checking caps and valves. Analyzes products for
purity and correct mixtures.
- Contributes to the investigation process by communicating any
accident, injury and/ or incident to site leadership.
- Handles high-pressure, medical and liquid cylinders. Prepares
high pressure cylinders and cryogenic vessels for filling. Attaches
to manifold, evacuates cylinders to eliminate all possible
contaminants. Fills cylinder by pressure and weight, per
regulations and standards.
- Assists with the loading & unloading of cylinders on & off
pallets and tractor trailers. Operates a forklift, pallet jack and
other warehouse equipment.
- Manages paperwork to DOT, FDA, OSHA, and Airgas standards.
Completes quality control sheets as required to remain
- Understands hazards of various gases; size and contents of
cylinders by reading and interpreting cylinder labels and the
color-coding of tanks. Accurately labels cylinders.
- Complies with all government and company standards relating to
the safe handling of hazardous materials/cylinder gases.
- If needed, must be available for weekend rotation coverage,
possible holiday coverage and the availability to cover in the
absence of co-workers.
- Maintains a neat, clean and orderly plant appearance and
informs management of any needed supplies in a timely fashion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and
responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended
to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to
meet the ongoing needs of the organization.QualificationsWhat you
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of three years of prior experience in a manufacturing
operation, filling or loading experience preferred.
- Strong background in gas, welding and safety supply industry or
chemical industry preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with
different personalities and backgrounds.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet
- Strong level of attention to detail.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units
of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules,
regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position's
responsibilities.We take care of you:Airgas offers a full benefits
package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D,
Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid
Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition
Assistance and much more!Who we are:Airgas, an Air Liquide company,
is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty
gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the
largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S.
supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.Dedicated to
improving the performance of its more than one million customers,
Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and
expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100
locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access--
telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in
gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas
offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading
technology and innovations.Check out what a career at Airgas can
offer you!What do our Team Members have to say about being part of
the team?"Great place to work with great growth potential" -
Director, Atlanta"Opportunity to advance and a great safety
program" - Driver, Cheshire"Fun people to work with and flexible
management" - Sales SpecialistEOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Keywords: Airgas Inc., Ankeny , Lead Plant Operator (Cylinder Filler/Loader), Professions , Ankeny, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!