Plant Operator (Cylinder Filler)
Company: Airgas Inc
Posted on: January 9, 2020
Are you ready to be a part of a passionate and hard-working team
eager to drive our business forward?
APPLY NOW AND MOVE YOUR CAREER FORWARD WITH AIRGAS AS A PLANT
OPERATOR (CYLINDER FILLER)IN ANKENY, IA!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The Cylinder Filler is responsible for safely handling and filling
gas products into liquid, medical and high pressure gas cylinders
in compliance with federal, state, local regulations, and meeting
the standard operating procedures of Airgas.
* Inspects cylinders prior to filling, following standard
procedures as required by government, Airgas, and distributor
standards. Conducts a variety of Safety checks per procedures, such
as odor tests, checking caps and valves. Analyzes products for
purity and correct mixtures.
* Handles high-pressure, medical and liquid cylinders. Prepares
high pressure cylinders and cryogenic vessels for filling. Attaches
to manifold, evacuates cylinders to eliminate all possible
contaminants. Fills cylinders by pressure and weight, per
regulations and standards.
* Assists with the loading & unloading of cylinders on & off
pallets and tractor trailers. Operates a forklift, pallet jack and
other warehouse equipment.
* Manages paperwork to DOT, FDA, OSHA, and Airgas standards.
Completes quality control sheets as required.
* Understands hazards of various gases, size and contents of
cylinders by reading and interpreting cylinder labels and the
color-coding of tanks. Accurately labels cylinders.
* Complies with all government and company standards relating to
the safe handling of hazardous materials/cylinder gases.
* Maintains a neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
* HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Minimum of one year of prior experience in a manufacturing
operation, filling or loading experience preferred.
* Preferred knowledge/experience in gas, welding and safety supply
industry or chemical industry preferred.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
* Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different
personalities and backgrounds. Excellent customer service
* Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet
* Strong level of attention to detail.
* Ability to perform math functions and analysis as needed by the
* Ability to safely operate a forklift.
* Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules,
regulations, procedures which are applicable to this positions
WE TAKE CARE OF YOU:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical,
Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability
Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan
with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
WHO WE ARE:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of
industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and
related products, one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety
products, and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million
customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services
and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100
locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access
telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in
gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas
offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading
technology and innovations.
CHECK OUT WHAT A CAREER AT AIRGAS CAN OFFER YOU!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the
Great place to work with great growth potential - Director,
Opportunity to advance and a great safety program - Driver,
Fun people to work with and flexible management - Sales
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,
Keywords: Airgas Inc, Ankeny , Plant Operator (Cylinder Filler), Professions , Ankeny, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!