Business Intelligence Consultant Audit Reporting & Strategy
Company: Wells Fargo Bank
Posted on: November 21, 2019
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact
information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your
current resume prior to submitting your application for
consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will
need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by
both email and text message.-- In order to receive text message
invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number
designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact
information of your application.At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy
our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially.
We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the
center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team
where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique
skills and experience.Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all
begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.Audit
Services conducts audits and reports the results of our work to the
Audit & Examinations Committee of the Board of Directors. We
provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services
delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a
business partner, Audit helps the Company accomplish its objectives
by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and
improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and
governance processes.Wells Fargo Audit Services (WFAS) has an
opening for a Business Intelligence Consultant - Audit Reporting &
Strategy on the Visual Analytics & Internal Reporting (VAIR)
team.-- VAIR is part of Audit Services Control Executive Function
which supports the entire audit division by providing enhancements
and building processes to gain efficiencies and managing all
operational aspects of WFAS. VAIR's vision is to enable data driven
decisioning for WFAS. VAIR provides internal operational reporting,
primarily through the use of Tableau, for our audit teams and WFAS
leadership groups to leverage as they perform audit activities as
well as synthesizing analytic insights which drive dynamic
strategic planning. VAIR reporting includes metrics and dashboards
that support audit planning, issue management, time reporting,
budget reporting, and many other aspects related to the operations
of WFAS. The Business Intelligence Consultant - Audit Reporting &
Strategy role will mentor and develop team members, work closely
with internal and external partners to develop analytics, manage
development projects, identify insights and key trends, and act as
an internal liaison for key partners such as VAIR User Group, Plan
and Issue Management Team and Audit Execution Improvement team on a
variety of projects.This position will be responsible for the
- Acting as a thought partner and mentor for team members to
develop their knowledge in key areas including Tableau, data
analytics and audit.
- Partnering with key stakeholders from each audit group to
ensure development priorities are in alignment with audience needs
and feedback is incorporated into existing reporting.
- Sharing and coaching techniques of visual analytics and
reporting solutions with WFAS team members and leadership.
- Lead projects that move the team from descriptive analytics to
diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- Growing our analytic rigor in strategic planning, including
expanding our optimization & adoption initiatives, setting and
guiding the execution of a robust Tableau learning/training agenda,
improving our measurement tools/methodologies and introducing
innovative approaches to derive insight and provide thoughtful
strategic oversight of analytic efforts.
- Driving improvements to the delivery and quality of VAIR
products, including data driven key risk alerts.
- Developing presentations for senior leadership to socialize
ideas, VAIR team strategies, results and programs.
- Delivering data-driven insights and producing recommendations
to support strategic direction and business prioritization.
- Conducting data analysis and partnering with enterprise
analytics teams to develop bespoke analytics.
- Performing regular and ad hoc quantitative and qualitative
analysis across and within the WFAS platform and SAOG teams.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the
following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree
or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics,
engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics,
computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with
a quantitative emphasis and 5+ years of experience in one or a
combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing
- Ability to lead projects/initiatives with high risk and
- Ability to develop operational reporting and performing complex
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across
all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and
adaptability are important
- Advanced problem solving and technical troubleshooting
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of SQL experience in Oracle, Teradata and SQL
- 3+ years of Tableau experience.
- Ability to assist leading the team from descriptive analytics
to diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- A leader who thrives on initiating, building and cultivating
strong relationships; highly collaborative; possesses strong
influence skills; navigates and activates alignment across
- Manage end users' expectations, establish credibility at all
levels and build problem-solving partnerships across WFAS.
- Innovative leader who will challenge the status quo, propose
innovative ideas, and stand up for brave ideas in order to drive
significant, measurable improvements.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Natural
Language Generation (NLG).
- Experience with Python.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the
candidate having successfully completed a criminal background
check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of
the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and
transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual
Keywords: Wells Fargo Bank, Ankeny , Business Intelligence Consultant Audit Reporting & Strategy, Other , Ankeny, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!