Scientist II- Genotyping Development
Posted on: November 22, 2022
At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest
challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger
for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing
it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning
from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our
thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'.
There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a
varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and
diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one
Scientist II- Genotyping Development
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Scientist II, are
- Conducts research and contributes to research projects,
technologies,publications, intellectual property, or trade secrets.
Leadsscientific and technical projects
- Designs, conducts & interprets complex experiments. Develops
andimplements research and/or technology-driven proposals. Primary
authorfor scientific reports.
- Effectively communicates research findings to partners and
- Accountable for cross-functional work in multiple
- Solves complex problems requiring original thinking and
deductivereasoning and the application of scientific principles to
the designand interpretation of scientific experiments.
- Uses specializedknowledge, the broad application of scientific
principles and currentliterature to advance projects, experiments
and/or process improvements.
- Adheres to established protocols and techniques. May operate
- Solves problems autonomously usingmultiple data sources
- Prioritizes and coordinates work within a large team and
providestraining to contingent workforce; maintaining detailed
record keepingand required documentation.
- Achieves commitment to safety and adherence to safety protocols
- Designs and analyzes the results of a variety of molecular
biology andbiochemistry experiments independently
- Primary author for scientific reports. Effectively communicates
andinterprets the results of experiments, production KPIs,
cost/benefitanalysis, and lab related issues to partners and key
- Demonstrates a sustained high level of technical skill and
achievement.Must keep abreast of new science and technological
develops and exploitthem to continuously improve functional area
capabilities. Fostersteam-based approach to research
- Exploits new developments from the scientific literature to aid
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE
(Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility, Efficiency) values. More
specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who
possesses the following:
Required Qualifications :
- PhD, MS or BS with relevant experience in Genomics, Molecular
Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Plant science or related
- Experience with genotyping, genomics, and sequencing
- Experience developing and scaling methods for isolation
andcharacterization of nucleic acid.
- Strong biology acumen with the ability to independently
designexperiments and analyze data.
- Creative and flexible thinking, being open minded to develop
and adopt relevant emerging technologies.
- Strong technical troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Proficiency with basic bioinformatics tools or data analysis
Preferred Qualifications :
- PhD with 3 years relevant experience or MS with minimum of 5
years relevant experience. BS with minimum of 7 years relevant
experience in Genomics, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry,
Plant science or related field.
This position does not offer Domestic Relocation assistance
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and
benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique
opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better
life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger.
Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited
third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable
accommodations in its application process for individuals with
disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request
any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information
IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its
employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active
employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status
and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to
Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment
with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine
regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen.
Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with
state, local and customer requirements. Location: United States :
Iowa : Ankeny Division: Crop Science Reference Code: 744341 Contact
Us Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Segment: Research Scientist, Biology, Molecular Biology,
Developer, R&D, Science, Technology, Research
Keywords: Bayer, Ankeny , Scientist II- Genotyping Development, Other , Ankeny, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!