Home Health Occupational Therapist 7.5K Sign On Bonus
Company: Aveanna Healthcare
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Recover Health is now a part of the Aveanna Healthcare family of
companies.Position OverviewAveanna Healthcare has grown
tremendously during the past year through a series of exciting
acquisitions and we are currently looking for an Occupational
Therapist (OT) to join our dynamic home health care team. In this
position, you make it possible for patients to recuperate from
illness or injury in the comfort of their own homeOccupational
TherapistHours: Full TimeServing: Des Moines and the surrounding
area*** $7,500 Hiring Bonus! ***We are looking for an Occupational
Therapist (OT) to join our team! You will utilize your clinical
expertise to assess, teach, and deliver therapy interventions and
treatment directed by the Physician as established in the home
health plan of care. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary
team members, receiving and providing pertinent updates to optimize
patient well-being.Why Join our Team? An Occupational Therapy
career with Aveanna in the home health setting offers schedule
flexibility, one-on-one care and the opportunity to make a real
difference. We bring patients the care and support they need to
live independently and safely in their place of residence, where
they want to be. -Essential Job Functions:
- Perform initial and ongoing assessments to evaluate mobility,
coordination, strength and current level of function.
- Responsible for administration, evaluation, and interpretation
of tests and measurements to determine functional goals and
- Provide a written evaluation and plan of care defining
occupational therapy needs, goals, progress and expected
- Delivery of occupational therapy services to comply with
prescribed physician orders.
- Maintains plan of care by performing timely documentation of
client performance, modifying goals and treatment as needed, and
determine discharge care plans as appropriate.
- Responsible for discharge planning, including collaborating and
educating the patient and his/her caretakers on home exercise plan
to follow discharge.
- Participates in coordination of services with health care team,
physicians, parent/guardians, nurses, etc.
- Documents according to policy and procedure and requires
minimal supervision or instruction.
- Documents effectively resulting in no technical or clinical
denials subsequent to review of documentation by payers
- Maintain effective communication between staff, healthcare team
members and family. Serve as a resource consultant for clinical
- Supervises other personnel (OTA, HHA) as applicable.
- Completes OASIS assessments where allowed by state professional
practice and regulation.Aveanna Healthcare Offers:
- 401(k) with match
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits for employees at 30+
- Tuition Discounts and Reimbursement
- PTO, Sick Time, and Paid HolidaysRequirements:
- Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited
- Current, unrestricted state license as an Occupational
Therapist in the state of practice
- Demonstrated proficiency in clinical assessments, documentation
and compliance with policies and proceduresPreferred:
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Proven relationship-builder
- Experience in Home Health Therapy and completion of OASIS
documentationEqual Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action:
Aveanna provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Aveanna complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and
training.HHHAs an employer accepting Medicare and Medicaid funds,
employees must comply with all health-related requirements in all
relevant jurisdictions, including required vaccinations and
testing, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons as
Keywords: Aveanna Healthcare, Ankeny , Home Health Occupational Therapist 7.5K Sign On Bonus, Other , Ankeny, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!