Buyer - Ankeny, IA
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Country: - United States -City: - -AnkenyAbout CRHCRH is the
leading global diversified building materials business in the world
with over 3,100 locations worldwide. We manufacture and supply a
diverse range of superior building materials and products, used
extensively in the built environment, in infrastructure, housing
and commercial construction projects, of all sizes, all across the
world.To find out more, visit our website .Position OverviewThis
position is a key resource for facilitating the effective ordering
of products and services. The Purchasing Clerk will support a
variety of employees within the organization. This role will help
to clarify needs, evaluate and assist with determining suppliers,
generate and place orders, and work closely with the Equipment and
Accounts Payable Departments.Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties
- Code and approve invoices, as well as, match invoices to
- Place approved purchases with suppliers and schedule
- Interact with service providers to keep dispensing equipment
- Create work orders in CMMS, provide coding to AP, update meters
and close work orders.
- Work with requestors to clarify specifications, provide source
alternatives and increase standardization related to an order.
- Work with suppliers and the Sourcing Department to ensure that
accurate product/service information is being communicated on
orders including pricing, availability, part numbers and
- Process monthly ordering and work with the Equipment Department
to offset inventory.
- Prepare draft purchase orders within the Proactis system.
- Work with requestors to collect, sign, and date packing slips
before scanning and receiving in Proactis.
- Expedite and assist with the troubleshooting of orders as
- Assist with Equipment Preventative Maintenance by updating hour
meters from vendor invoices.
- Includes daytime, plus evening and weekend phone calls from
time to time.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is
- Other duties as may be assigned.QualificationsTo perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. -Education/Experience
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1-3 years related experience in Purchasing; or equivalent
combination of education and experience preferred.
- Experience with procurement tools, processes and systems
preferred, but not required.
- Experience in mining, construction or manufacturing preferred,
but not required.Work Requirements
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have strong data entry skills and be proficient in
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on
timeliness and responsiveness.
- Capable of utilizing the internet effectively for research and
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- High standard of ethics, integrity, and trust.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening, physical,
and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures outlined
in Employee Handbook. -
- Must display a professional and courteous attitude toward
co-workers, supervisors and general public at all times. - -
- Proven ability to develop relationships and to work with teams
as both a leader and a participant.Knowledge/Skill Requirements
- Understand the local supply chain related to the products and
services being purchased.
- Skilled and accurate in data entry and data research with
10-key operation experience.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills; building
rapport, listening, presenting, giving and receiving
feedback.Physical RequirementsThe physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate
objects, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance,
peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, and use hands.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk for
extended periods of time. -Work Environment
- Standard office environment.
- Tempo is fast-paced with deadlines.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be
moderate.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
internal promotionAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud heritage. We
are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional
companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family.
CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows
you to work in a small company environment while having the career
opportunities of large international organization.If you're up for
a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and
apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our
official employment application. Please complete your online
profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system
allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you
for your interest! CRH is an Affirmative Action and Equal
Opportunity Employer.EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more,
please click on this -. - -
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Ankeny , Buyer - Ankeny, IA, Other , Ankeny, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!