Field Supervisor - spend your summer outdoors and your winter indoors! (Entry level supervisor)
Company: Clarke Mosquito Control
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Clarke Environmental Mosquito Management is looking for a Field
Supervisor that will provide support to the Site Manager in the
field and office based in Des Moines, IA. This person will be
responsible for helping with the administration of the office
including crew scheduling, quality assurance checks, mapping
problems, crew check outs, showroom sales and reports etc., in
order to ensure customer expectations and objectives for all
contracts in assigned territories are met. The Field Supervisor
will participate in crew orientations and field training for
Seasonal Field Technicians and will spend considerable amounts of
time performing field operations alone and alongside the Seasonal
Field Technicians.Mosquito field activities may include but are not
limited to inspection of breeding site using sample cup and dipper
to sample water sources, setting and collection of mosquito traps
and identification of those mosquitoes collected. Larviciding
activities include treating water sources by using a backpack
sprayer or hand application to street catchbasins or ponds.
Adulticiding includes treatment of residential areas with a
backpack or truck ULV (ultra-low volume) with attached sprayer
while following an established route, and participating as ground
support for aerial missions. The field work will be performed
outdoors, in an environment that may include heavy vegetation,
uneven terrain, various species of wildlife and varying weather
conditions utilizing various types of equipment such as boats and
ATV's. We're seeking an independent, self-motivated, detail
oriented, and safety conscious individual with a passion for the
outdoors and previous experience both with field work and
scheduling to join us in our mission to make communities around the
world more livable, safe and comfortable.***PLEASE NOTE*** Due to
the nature of our work in mosquito control this position will have
day-to-day oversight of a day team and a night team and flexibility
in hours worked is a must. The Field Supervisor will be expected to
work 2-4 eves per week during the months of May - October to ensure
adequate training and time spent with our night crew. Job Duties
- Coordinate or assist as necessary in scheduling of crew and
- Assists in the job ticket flow process.
- Perform data entry of daily job tickets and contract
information to ensure accurate and timely billing of services.
- Communicates with customers, management and Control Consultants
as appropriate to resolve issues or complaints.
- Works closely with Site Manager and Control Consultant to
ensure accurate understanding of contract specifications and
- Actively seeks ways to improve the quality and efficiency of
operations within department and throughout organization.
- Advises the Site Manager or other appropriate personnel
regarding schedule conflicts, service related issues, equipment
problems/issues, employee issues and any other job related
- Assists with the training of all seasonal personnel.
- Keeps seasonal staff informed on the status of weekly schedule
by preparing and communicating schedule, reviewing any problems,
and encouraging feedback.
- Ensures that chemical inventory is maintained such that
shortages do not occur and contract requirements are met. Keeps
Site Manager and staff informed of chemical status and usage.
- Performs weekly inventory cycle counts, orders chemical as
necessary and prepares reports.
- Assigns trucks and equipment on a daily basis.
- Promptly advises appropriate personnel of vehicle and/or
equipment damage or malfunction and follows up to make sure that
action is taken to return vehicle or equipment to safe and proper
- Participates in recruiting activities as necessary to support
- Participates as necessary in crew orientation, field training
and on-going education activities to insure that employees know
proper techniques, procedures and work rules.
- Performs quality assurance checks in the field.
- Performs field work often and particularly during times of peak
demand or staffing shortage.
- Performs basic maintenance on field equipment as
- Participates in and engages in programs and work practices
designed to foster and maintain effective team atmosphere.
- Responsible for making sure safe work practices and procedures
are followed at all timesSuccessful Candidate Must:
- Previous experience working in a fast paced service operation
with some scheduling or dispatching preferred
- Previous management or team lead experience preferred
- Previous experience in mosquito control, aquatics or pest
control operations is preferred
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills including a proficiency in Microsoft
- Ability to obtain necessary state licenses
- Proficiency with maps
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Capability to lift up to 75 pounds occasionally and good
- Communicate effectively in English in both written and verbal
- Have a valid Driver's License with an excellent driving
- College degree in related field (Biological/Environmental
sciences etc.) preferred or equivalent combination of education and
- Possess high school level math skills
- Ability to effectively partner with cross functional teams to
meet performance objectives and to support mission and vision of
- Ability to travel (sometimes at short notice) to multiple site
locations to meet the needs of the business as necessary
- The desire to learn and go "above and beyond" are an absolute
must! We are Clarke, a privately-held global environmental products
and services company. For over 75 years, Clarke has been making
communities around the world more livable, safe and comfortable by
pioneering, developing and delivering environmentally responsible
public health mosquito control and aquatic services. Our services
help prevent disease, control nuisances and create healthy
waterways. Our global customers include governments, commercial and
residential groups, and international institutions such as UNICEF
and U.S. AID.Working at Clarke, you will have the opportunity to
grow personally and professionally. You will learn from some of the
most talented people in your field and make an impact on the world
around us. With Clarke, you join an innovative and passionate team
where people are the heart and soul of the organization, working
together to create an environment where the employees thrive and
nature flourishes. We offer an outstanding compensation and
benefits package including training and development (including
LinkedIn Learning) medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401k,
profit sharing, bonus opportunities, tuition reimbursement, PTO,
holidays, and a paid winter break between Christmas and New Years!
At Clarke, each individual can AND does make a difference. If
you're looking for an opportunity to utilize your skills to impact
the success and growth of a business...Clarke is the place! Clarke
is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a drug free
workplaceIf you're looking to get your foot in the door with a
growing company that truly values our people and the planet, please
visit Clarke's website, click on careers and submit resume online
Keywords: Clarke Mosquito Control, Ankeny , Field Supervisor - spend your summer outdoors and your winter indoors! (Entry level supervisor), Other , Ankeny, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!