Wellness Team Lead
Company: Independence Village
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Description Wellness Team LeadIndependence Village
AnkenyText "IVAKWTL" to 515-200-7647 to apply Position Summary:The
Wellness Team Supervisor is responsible for day-to-day supervision
of care staff in assisted living and memory care. Assuring caring
and personalized assistance for residents. Required Experience for
Wellness Team Lead:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous Healthcare, Geriatrics or experience working with the
elderly population preferred.
- 2 years Leadership Experience preferred, but not required.
- Certified Nursing Assistant, Licensed Practical Nurse, or
Medical Assistant with at least 2 years of related experience or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Accountabilities
for Wellness Team Lead:
- Lead, manage, and overall accountability for your team and
- Timely & Accountable Attendance: Upholding to work schedules,
being ready to start work on time, remaining on the job for the
whole duration of shift and limited use of time off.
- 1440 Care for residents: Understanding and leading our 1440
care standards so you and your team ensure that each resident and
each family has their needs met.
- Understanding and leading to our 1440 care standards.
- 1440 experience for our employees: Other Key Responsibilities
for Wellness Team Lead:
- Provides direct supervision of at least ten or more full-time
time community care staff, which includes monitoring job
performance, conducting associate performance evaluations, coaching
and counseling associates and conducting and documenting corrective
action as needed. Participates in the hiring, firing, and
disciplinary processes and decisions.
- Makes daily rounds to ensure all resident care staff is
performing work assignments in accordance with task sheets and
acceptable care standards, laws and regulations. Reviews resident
care notes for completeness; makes sure they are descriptive of the
care being provided and reflect the resident's response to the
- Verifies all associate hours in NovaTime and weekly hour's
report. Completes resident care associate schedules to assure
proper coverage to meet community needs and according to budget.
Coordinates monthly staff schedules, arranges replacement staffing
when necessary and maintains clear records of all changes, requests
and irregularities. Develops and maintains resident caregiver task
- Performs daily and monthly safety and infection control checks
of the home and grounds, assisting the Wellness Administrator for
community health and safety purposes.
- Maintains appropriate and complete documentation per company
- Trains resident care staff or coordinates training programs as
required. Completes new hire orientation with all staff.
- Monitors completion of monthly Relias training for all care
staff. Assigns additional trainings as needed.
- Responds promptly to all emergency calls from communities,
including communities residing in the independent section of the
community. Shares on call duties as required.
- Available to work weekends and / or on call as necessary as
assigned by the Wellness Administrator
- Work toward continual improvement of the overall
- Participates in community functions including family socials
and open houses.
- Perform other duties as assigned.General Working ConditionsThis
position entails standing for long periods of time. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to
communicate effectively with others, sit, stand, walk, and use
hands to handle keyboard, telephone, paper, files, and other
equipment and objects. The employee is occasionally required to
reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to
review detailed documents and read computer screens. The employee
will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The work
environment requires appropriate interaction with others. The noise
level in the work environment is moderate. Occasional travel to
different locations may be required.Connecting Seniors, Families
and CommunitiesStoryPoint and Independence Village have over 35
years of experience working and living with seniors creating a deep
understanding of their unique needs and desires. It's this
combination of technology, understanding, appreciation, and
commitment that sets us apart and makes our culture so special for
both our employees and our residents. Everyone in our communities
commits to appreciating our residents as individuals who deserve to
shine, every day.1440 CultureNot Just Making Every Day Great.
Making Every Minute Great. There are 1,440 minutes in every single
day. We aspire to make each one of them an exceptional moment. This
philosophy is supported by our 6 powerful, yet simple pillars:
Dream Big, Have Courage, Take Initiative, Be Accountable, Give Back
& Enjoy it. We strive to fulfill the aspirational goal of creating
the absolute best experience with every person, in every
interaction, every minute of every day.It begins with empowering
our employees. Every employee, at every level of the company, is
expected to perform like a leader. Everyone is encouraged and
expected to put the needs of each other above everything else. No
one here just "does their job" The mission is to create the
absolute best experiences. This emphasis on putting people first
has helped us successfully grow for the right reasons.We have
developed an environment that attracts dreamers, adventurers,
creators, givers and believers to seek career opportunities with
us. We find people who believe that true happiness is only found in
the service of others. We want high-performers with diverse
skill-sets and big hearts. We treat each other as family and find
that close collaboration creates the biggest ideas.We have
comprehensive benefit packages that include health, dental, vision,
401(k), income protection, and extraordinary work-life
benefits.This classification description is intended to indicate
the general kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that are
required of positions given this title and should not be construed
as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any
particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any
way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and
control the work of the employees under her/his supervision. The
use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties
shall not exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar
kind or level of difficulty.Equal Opportunity Employer#IVIND
Keywords: Independence Village, Ankeny , Wellness Team Lead, Other , Ankeny, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!