Posted on: January 10, 2022
JDE: 4.93Academic Services: Curriculum AssistantPurpose
StatementThe position of Curriculum Assistant focuses on
efficiently and effectively performing office and clerical duties
supporting day-to-day academic services department operations and
activities. Job Title: Academic Services Curriculum Administrative
Assistant Hourly Wage: $20.82/hourHours: 8:00 - 4:30, daily (30
minute unpaid lunch)Employment Year: 261-Day Contract: 253 Work
Days, 8 Paid HolidaysReports To: Directors of Elementary and
Secondary SchoolsWage/Hour Status: Non-ExemptMinimum
- 3 or more years of general office experience
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in technology skills, specifically Windows, Google
Apps, Excel, and Power Point
- Strong ability to accurately maintain records
- Experience with data collection and analysisEducation: High
School Diploma or equivalentPreferred Qualifications:
- Experience as an administrative assistantEssential Functions
- Provides clerical support to the Academic Services team.
- Aids directors and other Academic Services team members in the
preparation, delivery, organization, and follow-through of
materials, agendas, minutes, and supplies with accuracy and
attention to detail.
- Supports the collection and organization of data from
district-wide assessments and reporting tools.
- Aids in designing data reports to meet compliance needs for
Chapter 12, Title I, special education, and and other state and
federal legislation or system needs.
- Assist in the preparation, distribution, and collection of
district-wide assessment materials.
- Processed incoming correspondence and prepares outgoing
correspondence, reports, and notices as directed.
- Supports and assists building level and department
administrators in problem-solving curriculum and/or academic
- Assists department in carrying out various academic services
programs and procedures for all district employees.
- Collaborate and cross-train other support personnel to
cooperatively complete tasks and projects.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Completes basic clerical and office tasks.
- Work efficiently and effectively without close
supervision.Performance Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide great customer service, information, and assistance to
- Creating a warm and friendly office environment.
- Provide a variety of clerical and office assistant duties.
- Participate in staff development training programs, faculty
meetings, and special events as assigned.
- Demonstrates integrity and maintains confidentiality.
- Is respectful and appropriately interacts with all
- Works well with others, maintaining positive and effective
communication with all school personnel.
- Upholds and adheres to safety rules and policies of the Ankeny
Community School District safety program.
- Supports the goals and objectives of the school district and
follows all district policies.
- Demonstrates the ability to attend work on a regular and
routine basis to avoid disruption to district operations.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the appropriate
- Perform all duties in a safe manner to avoid injury to oneself
and/or others.Other Functions
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving
immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of
ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work
unit.Working Environment Mental Demands/Physical
Demands/Environmental Factors:The usual and customary methods of
performing the position functions require the following physical
demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; and
significant fine finger dexterity. Working conditions may include
extreme temperatures and humidity. Hazards may include exposure to
communicable diseases. This position requires the ability to
maintain emotional control under stress.Supervisory
Responsibilities:NoneTerms of EmploymentWork year established by
the Superintendent; Salary according to schedule adopted
annuallyEvaluation: Job performance will be evaluated annually as
per district policies and proceduresThe foregoing statements
describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this
job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and
duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.Approved
by: _Jodie Graham________________________ Date:__December 22,
2021_________________ Ankeny Community School District is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of the
District to provide equal employment opportunities and not to
illegally discriminate on the basis of race, national origin,
religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
color, age or marital status in its employment and personnel
practices. The job categories where the representative groups are
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1Job Category :Support Staff >
Administrative AssistantEqual Opportunity EmployerAll employers
submitting a job opening for posting on the Teach Iowa system will
not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, ethnicity,
national origin, gender, age, physical disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, marital status, or status
as a veteran. A bona fide religious institution may choose to
exercise the allowances in Iowa Code section 216.6.(6)d. Employers
may have additional developed specific equal employment opportunity
policies and procedures; please check with employers. Job
- No experience requiredContact Information
- Tracey Goforth
- 306 SW SCHOOL ST
- Ankeny,Iowa 50023
- Phone: (515) 965-9600
- Email: click here
Keywords: TrulyHired, Ankeny , Curriculum Assistant, Other , Ankeny, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!