Security Intervention Officer
Company: Casey's General Stores
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Casey's is searching for a Security Officer to join our team in
Ankeny, IA! As a Security Officer, you will guard, patrol, and
monitor premises to ensure safety and security. You'll also respond
to emergencies, suspicious activity and disturbances as needed;
assists supervisory staff and local authorities as necessary.
Responsible for de-escalation and intervention as needed in order
to preserve order and protect property.Additional
- Monitors and authorizes entrance and departure of vehicles,
team members, visitors at all entrances including the truck lot.
Ensures proper authorization prior to entering or departing
building or gate area.
- Keeps supervisor apprised of daily activities and/or
irregularities; writes incident reports, maintain records and logs
regarding the same.
- Responds to alarms, responds to phone calls, and calls police
or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence
of unauthorized persons, and/or assists in responding thereto.
- Applies logic and reasoning to detect signs of intrusion,
theft, or concerning events. This may include but is not limited
to, inspection of visitor and security code access logs, patrolling
premises to inspect doors, windows, and gates, passing through all
areas of the complex, testing locked or otherwise secure
- Monitors fire alarms, safety equipment, video and electronic
surveillance and security systems when required.
- Enforces all Casey's Policies, warning persons of rule
infractions or violations and direct eviction violators from
premises. Prevents passage of prohibited individuals and/or
articles and escorts individuals off the property as
- High school education or equivalent.
- Knowledge of public safety and security strategies to promote
effective, secure operations.
- Knowledge of security policies, procedures, and
- Knowledge of and familiarity with problems that arise in
safeguarding building and grounds and the procedures used in
dealing with them.
- Will be required to attend ongoing de-escalation and
intervention training to maintain skill and remain current on
compliance matters relating to the field.
- Must have the ability to engage in intervention activities with
little notice or advance warning.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and have the
physical ability to drive a vehicle for job related travel.
- Able to stand, sit, kneel multiple times throughout work
- Walk for long periods of time without rest.
- Able to lift a minimum of 50lbs easily/multiple times during
- Previous security, law enforcement, or related work
Keywords: Casey's General Stores, Ankeny , Security Intervention Officer, Other , Ankeny, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!