Medical Lab Technician North Clinic
Posted on: June 10, 2021
MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit, Catholic
medical centers in Des Moines, West Des Moines, Newton and
Centerville and two specialty hospitals - MercyOne Children's
Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in
Clive (965 beds total) - along with more than 20 additional
facilities that house more than 50 primary care, pediatric,
internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of
Mercy in 1893, MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually
operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest
employers in the state, with more than 7,000 employees and a
medical staff of more than 1,000 physicians and allied health
associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne, which
was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit
Health and Trinity Health - two of the country's foremost,
not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more
than 20,000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
MercyOne North Clinic is looking for a Medical Lab Tech to join
their team! This individual will be responsible for conducting
routine tests in clinical laboratories for use in treatment and
diagnosis of diseases.
What You Will Do:
- Prepare specimens for microscope examination using standard
techniques and equipment.
- Perform testing and reports test results in urinalysis,
hematology and chemistry.
- Perform diagnostic testing on patient samples to aid physicians
in the diagnosis and/or monitoring of various disease states.
- Prepare slides as necessary for microscopic analysis in
- Analyze test results for accuracy, acceptability and critical
- Follow quality control policies and documents quality control
- Maintain instruments and equipment.
- Call critical values to providers per policy.
MercyOne Des Moines provides you with the same level of care you
provide for others. We care about our employees' well-being and
offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for
children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
Whether you are an experienced MLT 'who's seen it all' or a MLT
working toward that, we invite you to join MercyOne Des Moines
today and experience it with us!
- Associate degree in related field preferred.
- Graduation from an accredited MLT program required.
- Eligible for ASCP or AMT certification required.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Keywords: MercyOne, Ankeny , Medical Lab Technician North Clinic, Other , ANKENY, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!