Radiologic Technologist- North Clinic
Posted on: June 5, 2021
MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit, Catholic
medical centers in Des Moines, West Des Moines, Newton and
Centerville and two specialty hospitals - MercyOne Children's
Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in
Clive (965 beds total) - along with more than 20 additional
facilities that house more than 50 primary care, pediatric,
internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of
Mercy in 1893, MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually
operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest
employers in the state, with more than 7,000 employees and a
medical staff of more than 1,000 physicians and allied health
associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne, which
was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit
Health and Trinity Health - two of the country's foremost,
not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more
than 20,000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states
MercyOne is looking for a Radilogic Technologist to join their
team! The Rad Technologist will perform radiographic procedures and
Responsible operates radiology equipment to make clinical
diagnostic imaging films as directed by physicians and performs
routine diagnostic procedures.
What You'll Do:
- Schedule outpatient tests and procedures at hospitals via
telephone. Explain simple tests and preparation required to
- Position patients and adjust equipment for taking diagnostic
images following established procedures
- Maintain radiographic log, in accordance with the policy,
taking responsibility for documentation of exam, patient's name,
and/or retake reason.
- Take x-rays of various portions of the body in order to
diagnosis disease or injury
- Calibrate and maintain x-ray equipment.
- Record test results and monitors patient data.
MercyOne Des Moines provides you with the same level of care you
provide for others. We care about our employees' well-being and
offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for
children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
Whether you are an experienced Radiologic Technologist 'who's
seen it all' or a nurse working toward that, we invite you to join
MercyOne Des Moines today and experience MercyOne with us!
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate of an accredited Limited Radiology Technology training
- Non-Certified Radiologic Technician (NCT) license issued by
state agency or passing the Limited Scope of Practice in
Radiography exam issued by ARRT in one of the following modalities
- Head, Chest, Core, Spine or Extremities
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Keywords: MercyOne, Ankeny , Radiologic Technologist- North Clinic, Other , ANKENY, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!