Ready to be part of something special?
Join our Family!
Job Title: Production Manager
The Production Manager is responsible for the day-to-day
coordination of safe and efficient operations in his/her assigned
- Integrates organizational change, continuous process
improvement, and quality improvement techniques. Provides technical
expertise to improve operations.
- Supports development of annual budget. Ensures activities occur
to meet those goals and objectives.
- Manages tracking mechanisms to identify downtime conducts and
root cause analysis.
- Reviews the process equipment flow and recommends and
implements improvements which ensure maximum equipment efficiencies
are being met.
- Consistently and effectively communicates and promotes company
and plant vision.
- Participates in projects from inception to completion
including; design, justification, equipment selection,
installation, and start up. Assists in developing annual Capital
- Maintains good employee relations including strong feedback and
communication; maintains a fair and consistent approach to
recognition, disciplinary action and maintenance of good working
relationships with all employees.
- Ensures all corporate and regulatory safety rules and
guidelines are followed.
- Ensures all corporate and regulatory quality rules and
guidelines are followed including supporting external customer
requirements including SQF certification.
- Shall report any and all food safety and quality problems to
personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Actively involved in all phases of CIL activities and
procedures for operating personnel.
- Prepares Management Reviews for all direct reports. Develops
and implements personal development plans to foster growth of
- Encourages and promotes both personal and professional
development of subordinates.
- Shall be responsible for enforcing cGMP's
- Shall be an SQF practitioner
- Shall cover for Production Manager I(s) in their absence.
- Other work-related duties as assigned.
- Identify and communicate food safety issues; lead and influence
food safety initiatives.
Requires 5-7 years of relevant experience and supervisory
working knowledge of food safety procedures and programs; and in
knowledge of food processing requirements/standards.
Requires PC skills including MS office products, e-mail, and
AS400. Knowledge of packaging equipment is desired.
Minimum Qualifications - Education, Skills & Abilities: C
Minimum Formal Education: Bachelor Degree in a technical
SQF Practitioner or obtain within 6-9 months - Required
HACCP certification or obtain within 6-9 months - Required
Certification in Six Sigma / Lean Manufacturing - Preferred
Skills and Abilities:
1) Requires a strong mechanical and operational aptitude.
2) Requires excellent communication skills - both verbal and
3) Requires above average analytical and problem solving
4) Knowledge of food processing and packaging
5) Project management skills are strongly desired.
Supervisory/Functional Management Requirements:
List titles and grade levels of direct reports
- Indirectly supervises (employees working for direct reports):
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
Physical: Must have the ability to sit and walk for extended
periods of times on a daily basis.
Mental/Reasoning: Must have strong analytical and problem
solving abilities to accommodate a quick paced environment (a quick
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. If you'd like more information
about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see