Procurement Coordinator- Pathology Lab-Ankeny
Company: UnityPoint Health
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Procurement Coordinator supports the delivery of pathology
lab by maintaining sufficient supplies to meet customer needs in a
timely manner. Responsibilities include analysis of inventory
levels and turnover, contract compliance, shortages, and ongoing
communication to the Pathology management team.
- Fosters a positive work culture centered on honesty, openness,
- Builds and maintains relationships with members of the health
care team by placing an emphasis on open communication
- Inspires and motivates members of the health care team by
building department morale
- Strives to ensure the success of the team over personal
- Effectively balances the responsibilities of the team and
individual team members
- Demonstrates a commitment to the development and achievement of
common goals within the department and hospital system
- Demonstrates a commitment to the improvement of patient care,
customer satisfaction, and team member performance
- Encourages and provides constructive feedback to identify
opportunities for improvement within the department
- Maintains inventory according to KANBAN and works according to
LEAN standards adjusting inventory levels based on usage and
- Receives shipment of orders from wholesaler and direct
purchases.Unpacks supplies from the dock and places on
shelves.Checks shipment with invoice, checking expiration dates,
and rotating stock
- Collaborates with suppliers to minimize interruptions in
service and supply shortages
- Places orders for supply replenishment in a timely manner
- Communicates information about supply availability and changes
to the department and customers
- Returns outdated, broken or unusable product for credit
- Maximizes contract compliance by purchasing items identified on
group purchasing contracts or portfolios
- Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service
by striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Exchange of biohazard waste and disposal.
- Oversee the Stericycle operation and attend annual HazWoperRCRA
- Fills supply orders for customers (clinics, nursing homes, and
- Responsible to maintain a clean, orderly, safe work
The following are performed on an as needed basis:
- This position may be assigned a specific mission in an
emergency to assist in disaster response and recovery as part of
the UPH-DM Hospital Emergency Incident Command System.Situations of
a critical nature may require an individual to perform multiple
tasks until additional support can be obtained
- Functions other than described above may be needed occasionally
required to provide optimal patient care
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of
Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with
regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications
required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and
other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements
within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of department compliance requirements for
federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid)
regarding fraud, waste and abuse.Brings any questions or concerns
regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital
administrative staff.Takes appropriate action on concerns reported
by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the
essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the
- Must be high school graduate or equivalent
- Associates Degree
- Previous laboratory experience preferred.
- Previous inventory experience preferred
- Must have ability to analyze written and spoken English.
- Multicultural sensitivity
- Customer/Patient focus
- Equipment to be used includes pallet jack, dock cart,
electrical dock door and personal computers.
Keywords: UnityPoint Health, Ankeny , Procurement Coordinator- Pathology Lab-Ankeny, Other , Ankeny, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!