Apps Systems Engineer 5
Company: Wells Fargo Bank
Posted on: January 8, 2020
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact
information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your
current resume prior to submitting your application for
consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will
need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by
both email and text message. In order to receive text message
invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number
designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact
information of your application.At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy
our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially.
We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the
center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team
where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique
skills and experience.Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all
begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.Wells Fargo
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and
operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure
footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous
banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to
Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.Wells Fargo's
emphasis on technology has never been greater. This is an exciting
Engineer position over fast-paced, cutting-edge work within
Innovation & Strategic Services Platform Management organization.
This group plays an important foundational role enabling business &
technology transformation and manages critical 'run the bank
functions'. As an Engineer you will be responsible for full
end-to-end platform initiatives & operational management of
portfolio of applications. You will also be required to help us
enable transform the bank functions while managing run the bank
functions in terms of resiliency, automation, support & maturity of
application plus infrastructure stack.This Engineer role provides
technical leadership for Enterprise Content Management & Enterprise
Services domain. Works on complex problems where analysis of
situations or data requires an evaluation of numerous factors. The
Platform team has knowledge of the environments, software,
infrastructure, function, performance, availability, capacity and
data. These technology teams provide and support ECM solutions and
core capabilities including: Content Repositories, Image Capture
and Ingestion, Records Management, Workflow, Content Viewers &
Transformation Tools, Content Access (Services/APIs), and
Utilities/Shared Services. We need a diverse group of people with
different experience levels to support the transformation,
enrichment and continued availability of assets to business and
technical application teams across the enterprise. The goal of our
platforms is to provide high-quality, standardized, innovative
solutions to serve our core business needs in a consistent and
efficient way. The incumbent will lead matrixed teams of engineers
and support personnel in the Wells Fargo Platform and Application
support team partnering with development teams, product owners,
scrum masters, and with other technology centers of excellence.
Core responsibilities include project deliverables, ensuring
availability of our portfolio of applications, handling incident &
problem management, issue resolution & communication, tracking
various changes across the portfolio, operational health & new
solutions to improve platform/application stability, quality &
supportability along with overall operational and technology risk
management as per the enterprise guidelines.Responsibilities
- Lead small to medium cross-organizational transformational
efforts in Platform space.
- Deliver results in less defined & constantly changing
- Communicate with broad and diverse audience, including
technology and business leaders; ability to simplify complex
messages for consumption.
- Troubleshooting complex system issues in a distributed
- As an application support specialist position is responsible
for leading support functions and driving the execution and
maturity of multiple application support services including
incident triage, root cause analysis, change
evaluation-execution-validation, deployment management, and risk &
vulnerability management. Works closely with development and
infrastructure partners like middleware, NAS, database, network,
- Bring in operational management and sustainment for horizontal
systems within Enterprise Content Management & Enterprise
- Partner to influence and support innovation & continued drive
towards automation, touch less operational sustainment as a
design/architecture construct working with CIO technology
- Operational sustainment and reduce risks in the eco-system by
aggressively pursuing safety and soundness type of actions not
limited to vulnerability, patching, end of life and
- Hands on engagement on all Production, DevOps, BCP & UAT
support activities for the platform and applications.
- Drive operational management via EACO/Incident response,
communication and tracking along with root cause identification and
- Manage and coordinate Production change requests and release
- Provides operational continuity through the development,
management, measurement, analysis and reporting of key
service-level metrics as required by management.
- Manages continuous services improvements and drives innovation
to ensure SLAs and OLAs for the critical business processes,
applications and partner interfaces.
- Regular presentation of Production performance and incident,
root cause and preventative actions, and trend analysis to
technical and business Management teams.
- Maintain and update all Production related documentation (e.g.
game plans, run books, procedures, processes).
- Ensure effective Production systems monitoring, alarming and
- Active coaching of junior team members.
- Provides general oversight and direction to virtual teams.
- Must be able to manage multiple concurrent issue resolution
work-streams, project deliverables across environments in an agile
way with changing priorities.
- Strong written, oral communication skills along with
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel)
required, Collaboration Tools set - JIRA, Confluence etc.
- Strong Operating systems experience - Windows, Unix, Linux and
other infrastructure aspects.
- Strong DB/SQL experience - MS SQL Server, Oracle.Please note:
This position can be based at the Wells Fargo site location(s) in
West Des Moines, IA, Phoenix/Chandler, AZ, Irving/San Antonio, TX,
and Charlotte, NC. Relocation assistance will not be provided.
Applicants should reside in or around the target area(s) or be
willing to relocate at their own expense. Other locations may be
- 7+ years of application development and implementation
- 5+ years of computer application development experience
- 3 + years of experience working with an Enterprise Content
Management (ECM) or Service Oriented Architecture Enabling (SOA)
- 5 + years of experience troubleshooting environments across the
entire architecture (i.e. applications to infrastructure)
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Leadership skills including the ability to influence
effectively in a matrix environment
- 3 + years of experience developing or supporting IT Service
- Ability to manage to production goals, deadlines, and various
- Ability to identify root-cause issues/improvement
opportunities, and design approaches/programs/products to improve
overall quality assurance
- Experience with a customer service mindset and a focus on
- Ability to identify and manage complex issues and negotiate
solutions within a geographically dispersed organization
- 3+ years of JIRA experience
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- 4+ years of distributed servers platform experience
- 5+ years of application production support experience
- Ability to manage and monitor Windows Server environments
- 3+ years of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- 3+ years of experience with scripting languages such as Bash,
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2222 W Rose Garden Ln - Phoenix, AZ
TX-Irving: 2975 Regent Blvd - Irving, TX
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines,
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the
candidate having successfully completed a criminal background
check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of
the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and
transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual
Keywords: Wells Fargo Bank, Ankeny , Apps Systems Engineer 5, Other , Ankeny, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!