Posted on: September 8, 2023
At Hy-Vee our people are our strength. We promise "a helpful
smile in every aisle" and those smiles can only come from a
workforce that is fully engaged and committed to supporting our
customers and each other.
Job Title: Customer Service
Responsible for processing mail, Western Union orders, utility
bills, cashing checks, selling money orders, collecting dry
cleaning orders for customers. Additionally, always maintaining a
positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and
efficient customer service to customers and team members.
- Growth mindset
- Results oriented
- Customer focused
- Professionalism Reporting Relations
Accountable and Reports to: District Store Director, Store Manager,
Assistant Managers of Store Operations, Perishables, and Health
Positions that Report to you: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them
by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful
service to customers who call.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction
and a pleasant work environment.
- Weighs postal packages, runs mail through meters, processes
certified, express, UPS, registered, and insured mail.
- Processes Western Union orders.
- Processes Western Union orders.
- Sells money orders, cashes payroll, personal, ADC, and social
- Sells hunting and fishing licenses.
- Breaks down and puts money in utility drawers.
- Signs on postal department, breaks down, and turns off postal
- Processes paid outs.
- Sends faxes for customers.
- Counts the days' coupons.
- Processes refunds for customers and department approved
- Answers the telephone for the store using appropriate telephone
- Utilizes the intercom system for paging, etc. using appropriate
- Removes trash in a timely manner.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress
- Adheres to company policies and individual store
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time. Secondary Duties
- Signs on and off lottery machines.
- Assists customers with dry cleaning where applicable.
- Assists customers at the registers where necessary.
- Sells and redeems lottery tickets.
- Processes bottle refunds.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as
required. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of
variables with limited standardization; interpret
- Must have the ability to do arithmetic calculations involving
fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Must be able to file, post, and mail materials; copy data from
one record to another; interview to obtain basic information; guide
people and provide basic direction Education and Experience
High school or equivalent experience and over six months up to one
year of similar or related work experience.
- Must be able to physically perform medium work exerting up to
50 pounds of force occasionally and up to 20 pounds of force
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at distance of
less than 20 inches and more than 20 feet with or without
correction, depth perception, color vision, and field of
- The following physical activities are necessary to perform this
job: Stooping, reaching, lifting, pushing, pulling, standing,
walking, talking, and hearing.
This position is continuously exposed to dirt and noise. This is a
fast paced work environment with significant pressure.
Equipment Used to Perform Job
Fax, telephone, equipment used in the postal area, lottery and
money order machines, Western Union equipment, computer, and cash
Has daily contact with customers, weekly contact with
suppliers/vendors, and monthly contact with federal/state
governmental or regulatory agencies.
Are you ready to smile, apply today.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Ankeny , Customer Service, Hospitality & Tourism , Ankeny, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!