Evening Restaurant Line Cook
Company: Perkins Restaurant & Bakery - CyHawk Hospitality
Posted on: January 24, 2023
CyHawk Hospitality, Inc., franchisee for Perkins Restaurant and
Bakery is now hiring evening shift Cooks for our Perkins Restaurant
Stop in any time to apply at:
714 SE Oralabor Road - Ankeny
Benefits of working for us include:
1. Supportive ownership that believes in family
2. Closed on Christmas Day
3. Yearly anniversary checks for continued employment*
4. Free Employee Meals and family discounts*
5. Competitive wages for your experience
6. Paychecks delivered weekly
7. Flexible hours & schedules
8. Structured training program for all positions
9. Referral bonus for great employees who recruit other great
10. Career path that rewards you financially for your advancement
within the company*Ask manager for details
SUMMARY OF POSITIONPrepares menu items according to company
policies, procedures, programs and performance standards.
Responsible for helping to maintain food costs and maintain
cleanliness of the kitchen at all times. Performs all duties to
maximize guest satisfaction and quality of work environment as
directed by Kitchen Manager or Manager on Duty.
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Prepares Cooking Items
- Reports to work well-groomed, in clean and proper uniform and
at all times practices good person hygiene.
- Uses, maintains and cleans all kitchen equipment, plus
preparation and storage areas.
- Stocks and rotates products on line to ensure they are within
shelf life standards.
- Has sufficient knowledge of recipes, menu items and prep
procedures to ensure correct portioning, quality, cooking time and
- Prepares prep items according to guest request within company
standards and following food safety and sanitation procedures.
- Controls Food Cost
- Ensures products are accurately portioned and ensures food
products are prepared as specified by recipes.
- Utilizes FIFO (first in first out) standards when preparing
- Maintains Cleanliness
- Maintains cleanliness of the kitchen, prep areas, coolers and
- Follows proper safety procedures and policies concerning food
handling, rotation and storage
- Conducts line sweeps throughout the shift
- Clean as you go throughout the shift
- Understands OSHA requirements and health department
- Cleans all equipment on line and other areas as directed by the
Kitchen manager or Manager on duty.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to
achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Communicates with Manager on Duty and coworkers regarding
product/service deficiencies, equipment, safety problems. Etc.
- Keeps General Manager and Manager on Duty informed of problems
and/or issues and proposes alternative solutions for
- Assists Team Members
- Preps items according to recipes and procedures
- Assists dishwasher with washing and restocking dishes, pots,
pans and utensils
- Assist front of house staff with cleanliness of dining
- Provides guest service by communicating and cooperating with
the front of house staff.DisclaimerThis position description in not
intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of
all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions
associated with job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate
reflection of those principle job elements essential for making
decisions related to job performance, employee development and
compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and
responsibilities as required. This franchise is independently owned
and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to
the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the
management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at
this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location,
and not to Perkins Corporate. Associated topics: appetizer, baking,
cafeteria, cocinera de la parrilla, cocinero de la preparacion,
cook, grill, prep, sandwich, station
Keywords: Perkins Restaurant & Bakery - CyHawk Hospitality, Ankeny , Evening Restaurant Line Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Ankeny, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!