HOTEL FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE
Company: Best Western Premier Hotel
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Best Western Premier is looking for Front Desk Associates for
our Ankeny, IA locationRepresents the hotel to the guest throughout
all stages of the guest's stay. Determine a guest's reservation
status and identifies how long the guest will stay. Helps guests
complete registration cards and then assigns rooms, accommodating
special requests whenever possible.Verifies the guest's method of
payment and follows established credit-checking procedures. Places
guest and room information in the appropriate front desk racks and
communicates this information to the appropriate hotel
personnel.Works closely with the housekeeping department in the
keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for
maintenance and repair work. Maintains guest room key storage, and
maintains and supervises access to safe deposit boxes.Must be
sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and
offers assistance in making choices. Knows the location and types
of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the
property. Performs cashiering tasks like bill / invoice settlement,
posting charges to the guest, paid out's, Foreign currency exchange
etc.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Register guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special
requests whenever possible.
- Assists in preregistration and blocking of rooms for
- Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit, check-
cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Understands room status and room status tracking.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote
other services of the hotel.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping
department by notification housekeeping of all check outs, late
checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and day use
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department.
Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary.
Knows cancellation procedures.
- File room keys ( only for manual room key hotels)
- Knows how to use front office equipment.
- Process guest check-outs.
- Performing cashier related functions like posting charges to
guest accounts, raising paid out's, currency exchange,
- Follows procedures for issuing and closing safe deposit boxes
used by guests.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Uses proper mail, package, and message handling procedures.
Courier Mail Register
- Reads and initials the pass-on log and bulletin board daily. Is
aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the
- Attends department meetings.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures, is aware of accident
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk
- Performs cleaning in all public spaces.
- Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to
move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts.Job
Types: Full-time, Part-timeBenefits:
- Employee discount
- Flexible scheduleSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availabilityEducation:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)Experience:
- Hotel experience: 1 year (Preferred)Shift availability:
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)Work Location: One location
Keywords: Best Western Premier Hotel, Ankeny , HOTEL FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE, Hospitality & Tourism , Ankeny, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!