MDS Coordinator (RN)
Company: Accura HealthCare of Ames
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Accura HealthCare of Ames has the opportunity to welcome an MDS
Coordinator (RN) to join our team of skilled clinical
professionals!While the MDS Coordinator role offers a great mix of
both clinical and administrative responsibilities. The MDS
Coordinator provides financial reimbursement oversite, support and
training of other team members to ensure we are accurately
accounting for cares provided to in turn receive proper financial
reimbursement of services. This individual will also work
collaboratively with our team to continually assist with and
promote opportunities for residents to live to their full potential
from admission to discharge. This role includes reviewing past
medical history, conducting assessments and collaboratively working
with leaders and support team members to develop care plans that
provide exceptional quality of care in an environment that is
conducive for our residents to thrive.While preference will be
given to individuals with previous MDS experience, we are willing
to train and scale up the right person. If you are a RN that is
looking to advance your career, then Accura HealthCare of Ames' MDS
Coordinator (RN) just might be the opportunity you've been waiting
for!Job Summary:The RN MDS (Minimum Data Set) Coordinator is
responsible for preparing statistical reports required by
applicable legal, accrediting, and/or licensing regulations for
health care facilities. The RN MDS Coordinator compiles information
and data from health records and personal assessments for use in
evaluation of quality of care and utilization review. The RN MDS
Coordinator confers with physicians, nurses and other health
personnel to ensure complete, current and accurate medical
records.Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Effectively plans, directs and coordinates MDS assessments and
care plan services.
- Completes health assessments on all residents at time of
admission to establish initial care plan and performs additional
assessments quarterly thereafter.
- Assists with the development, implementation and evaluation of
the care plans for each resident in accordance with other health
care providers and physicians.
- Analyzes and accurately codes diagnoses, operations and
procedures from health records by using appropriate classification
systems. Accurately enters data into computer system.
- Organizes plans and leads care plan conferences quarterly for
each resident, including family, physician and care plan team.
- Develops, implements and coordinates quality management,
utilization review and discharge planning by consulting with other
health care providers on resident care problems and needs. Tracks
discharge and re-entry of residents to facility.
- Reviews charts of extraneous documentation each quarter
according to established minimum standards for required
documentation to be retained in resident's active chart.
- Meets all submission timelines of reports/records/documentation
as required by state and federal rules, regulations, and laws for
- Actively participates in QAPI (Quality Assurance Process
Improvement) program, taking a proactive approach to quality care
and services on a continuous basis with engagement of residents,
family members and staff.
- Monitors accrediting/surveying/regulatory body criteria to
- Participates in continuing education to maintain credentials
and increase expertise and knowledge in professional and clinical
nursing and administration.
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort and commitment
towards completing assessments efficiently and with strong
attention to detail.
- Keeps current in the field of nursing through attendance at
meetings, conferences, conventions and workshops pertaining to all
aspects of resident care and restoration/rehabilitation. Actively
participates in the in-service programs in an effort to advance
knowledge and skills.
- Ability and willingness to perform RN duties whenever and
- Possesses understanding and compassion for the elderly
- Has fun in creating a positive atmosphere for residents in
conjunction with our core values.
- Follows instructions and completes daily assignments as
assigned; is proactive to change.
- Demonstrates willingness to work flexible hours to meet
requirements of the job.
- Demonstrates high standards of excellence for meeting resident
needs. Communicates effectively, establishes rapport and maintains
relationships with residents.
- Meets requirement of regular attendance to perform job
- Has fun in creating a positive atmosphere for residents in
conjunction with our Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.General Functions:
- Must follow all established policies and procedures to include
nursing care procedures, safety regulations, Human Resources
policies, departmental policies/procedures, etc., to assure that
quality resident care and an effective operation can be
- Reports to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrates
dependability and punctuality; complies with attendance
- Reports to work with clean, neat uniform and personal
appearance and consistently presents professional image.
- Accepts assigned duties, instructions, or correction in a
cooperative manner, voicing concerns or disagreements in a
professional manner through established chain of authority
according to established procedures.
- Assumes accountability for compliance with federal, state and
other regulations within scope of control and of which
- Maintains confidentiality of resident, employee and other
facility business information.Educational and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in nursing preferred.
- Three to five years nursing experience.
- Active Iowa RN license in good standing
- Proficiency working with clinical software, specific MDS
- Attends and participates in educational programs to maintain
the best and most current techniques available to this departments
service as directed.Specific Requirements:
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to
practice as a Registered Nurse in this state.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel,
and the general public.Accura HealthCare embraces a unique
upside-down culture, putting residents and direct-care staff at the
top level of the organization. Our Resource Center associates play
a key role in supporting Accura's purpose, "to care for others" and
advancing the mission, "to be partners in care and family for life"
and are expected to provide exceptional customer service by
demonstrating and upholding our values of trust, integrity,
accountability, commitment, and kindness through the development of
strong relationships, servant leadership, and effective
communication and follow-up.Accura HealthCare, a leading post-acute
healthcare provider based in Iowa, has communities in Iowa,
Minnesota, South Dakota and Nebraska, and growing.**DUE TO NEW CMS
REGULATIONS, OUR TEAM WILL ADHERE TO FEDERAL RULES AND GUIDELINES
REGARDING COVID TESTING**
Keywords: Accura HealthCare of Ames, Ankeny , MDS Coordinator (RN), Healthcare , Ankeny, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!