Posted on: September 21, 2023
Growing Industrial and Agricultural Construction/Engineering
company is seeking an experienced Preconstruction ManagerThis Jobot
Job is hosted by: Jon StoelkAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by
clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.Salary:
$90,000 - $150,000 per yearA bit about us:The Manager of
Preconstruction is to be accountable for leading the entire
estimating department. This includes hiring, training, and
motivating the entire estimating staff. Accountability includes
estimate accuracy, risk analysis, consistency of cost data, and
development and maintenance of historical cost data. The Manager of
Preconstruction reports directly to Vice President.Why join us?Our
company is built on a foundation of unifying principles. We empower
people at every level, giving them the freedom and responsibility
to make decisions in the best interest of our customers.Protect
People-Safety comes first in everything we do. Building
Relationships- Effective, transparent communication leads to
project success. Focus on End Goals- We collaborate to bring
clients end goals to life.Drive Innovation-High tech or low tech,
the best idea wins.Job DetailsPROTECT PEOPLE
- Reduce the risk to the company and the client by ensuring that
all project estimates are subjected to the appropriate management
review. Reviews will provide for a thorough understanding of all
budgets and estimates and how they were developed, including trade
pricing, productivity, and overall risk analysis.
- Set and enforce policies and procedures necessary for the
operation of the regional estimating department.
- Effectively manages and assigns workloads to direct reports to
take advantage of the strengths of staff, training opportunities,
and development of a strong and consistent department ensuring
outstanding customer service is delivered on all projects.BUILD
- Develop a staff of trusted ad trusted advisors for our clients
in the fields of construction cost estimating, about the changing
estimating discipline, economic trends, technological innovations,
and other factors that affect the construction industry.
- Establishes and fosters positive long-term relationships with
all business partners
- Mentors/teaches junior estimators all aspects of
preconstruction process.FOCUS ON END GOALS
- Provide overall Preconstruction effort oversight and show
ability to lead a project team and project solutions through all
phases of design.
- Develop and execute plan for design build projects. This
includes soliciting and contracting design services for
- Prepare estimates for all stages of design from Conceptual
through Final Construction Documents (Design/Build, Guaranteed
Maximum Price, and Hard Bid diversity).
- Organize departmental team so that each estimator involved
knows responsibilities and deadlines.
- Participate with the Project Manager in award of all
subcontracts and write all subcontracts before turning over to
- Draft Owner, Design, and Subcontract agreements.
- Identify Risks associated with projects and provide
recommendation to manage these risks.
- Demonstrates exceptional presentation and sales skills to
assist and serve on RFP/Interview teams for new projects.
- Foster employee engagement and growth by ensuring all direct
reports have development plans and provide for appropriate training
and guidance, which benefits both the individual and the
- Support expansion in existing markets and into new markets by
analyzing regional market trends and creating pricing road maps to
develop best-in-class estimates
- Consult with management regularly to maintain a strategic link
to business needs, working on multiple bids at any point in
- Drive performance excellence with a culture of integrity,
discipline, continuous improvement, and transformationEDUCATION AND
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or
equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 10 years of proven experience estimating with a
Construction Management or General Contracting firm.
- Proven ability to provide pursuit leadership.
- Experience in developing competitive build and hard-bid.
- Experience in developing and implementing value engineering
solutions to drive down costs while maintaining quality.
- Experience in effectively leading preconstruction teams to win
- Certification in Construction Estimating or Project Management
- Working knowledge of basic computer programs like Microsoft
Office Suite and Outlook, online collaboration tools, and software
programs like On-Screen Takeoff and Timberline are beneficial.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, reviewing professional publications,
establishing personal networks, and participating in professional
- Experience working in Industrial environments and knowledge of
materials, methods, tools, and construction equipment involved in
- Travel up to 25% or as needed, by air and ground.PHYSICAL
- Sedentary strength demands include exerting up to 10 pounds
occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the
- Continuously requires vision, hearing, twisting, and
- Frequently requires standing, fine dexterity, sitting, and
- Occasionally requires walking, lifting, carrying, reaching,
kneeling, pushing/pulling, bending, and crouching.
- Rarely requires climbing.Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply
now by clicking the "Apply" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Ankeny , Preconstruction Manager, Executive , Ankeny, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!