Structural Steel Project Manager
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Growing General Contractor that specializes in design, build and
EPC solutions in central Iowa is seeking a Structural Steel Project
ManagerThis Jobot Job is hosted by: Jon StoelkAre you a fit? Easy
Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your
resume.Salary: $60,000 - $120,000 per yearA bit about us:Role
DefinitionA Structural Steel Project Manager organizes, leads, and
helps execute company projects that may fall outside the scope of
regular Project Manager role. The specific responsibilities and
purpose of projects vary, depending on the industry, customer and
project type. As a Structural Steel Project Manager, you ensure the
scope of the project fits the budget and that staff complete each
phase of the project within the scheduled timeline. Structural
Steel Project Manager will work with team members including Project
Managers, Project Engineers, Designers, Shop Supervisors and
Project Coordinators to find pre-fabrication solutions we can
execute in the shop in lieu of the field. The Structural Steel
Project Manager will manage all efforts related to shop fabricated
materials, day to day functions include completing project
estimates, proposals, detailing, drawing reviews, procurement,
logistics and scheduling for successfully completed projects. The
Shop Supervisor will be a direct report to the Structural Steel
Project Manager.Why join us?Our company is built on a foundation of
unifying principles. We empower people at every level, giving them
the freedom and responsibility to make decisions in the best
interest of our customers.Protect People-Safety comes first in
everything we do.Building Relationships- Effective, transparent
communication leads to project success.Focus on End Goals- We
collaborate to bring clients end goals to life.Drive
Innovation-High tech or low tech, the best idea winsJob
- Make Health and Safety practices number one priority by using
personal protection equipment at all times, following all safety
regulations, and leading by example in the office and on the job
- Develop and maintain Project Safety Plans and coordinate with
our customer specific contract requirements.
- Ensure Project Safety Plans are implemented; Safety Policies
and Procedures are administered on all construction sites.
- Prioritize and take action to deal with all safety issues
- Monitor and improve safety by leading or participating in Job
Safety Audits on each job site visit.
- Instill safety culture through leadership and management on all
assigned projects.BUILD RELATIONSHIPS
- Participate in business development through professional
representation of the company within the community and industry and
providing excellent customer service. Develop business by building
lasting relationships with customers, design partners, consultants,
architects, trade partners, vendors, industry contacts and
- Support Owner Coordination Meetings. Help facilitate open
communication and collaboration with owner, designers, and trade
partners to build a team atmosphere, resolve conflicts early, and
track progress. Ensure actions are identified, documented,
expedited and completed as promised.
- Monitor and document the progress of the engineering and
construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status
meetings with all the subcontractor teams.
- Work closely with our project partners to pre-plan and schedule
using Last Planner System-- in order to identify, eliminate
constraints, and manage risks.
- Respect all internal and external customers.
- Evaluate the contractual scope of work. Plan, organize and
staff key project positions through engineering, general
superintendents, foreman when necessary.
- Own your personal development and contribute to the development
of the team including your own supervisors and subordinates.FOCUS
ON END GOALS
- Lead, manage and complete all engineering, procurement and
construction projects to ensure the project is completed safely, on
schedule, within budget, and with quality that conforms to project
plans and specifications, customer and company expectations.
- Monitor and document the progress of pre-fabricated projects
including detailing, procurement and fabrication on a
daily/weekly/monthly basis. Update the master schedule on a weekly
basis, at a minimum. Hold weekly production and status meetings
with the customer, project team and fab shop.
- Evaluate the contractual scope of work, plan and execute
Contract Buyout including pre-qualification, analysis, hiring, and
overseeing the work done by the trade contractors, vendors,
suppliers and technicians.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and
additions to contractual agreements with clients, suppliers and
- Optimize utilization of project resources, ensure procurement
at the most cost-effective terms in line with contract documents
and defined budgets. Submit cost reports at a minimum of monthly
basis. Prepare and submit owner billings in a timely fashion
according to the agreed upon payment terms.
- Oversee Change Management Program at the project level
documenting and reporting out all adjustments to plan including
time, expense, materials, substitutes, drawing revisions,
specification changes, damages or delays, etc.
- Ensure proper and timely notice to all parties per agreements
to promote open communication and prevent financial risk.
- Oversee approval of subcontractor and vendor invoicing in
accordance with contracts and established payment terms.
- Develop cost estimates at varying stages of project design,
lead teams through proposal process.
- Comply with risk management programs applicable to assigned
projects including contracts, insurance, bonding and any special
owner or regulatory requirements. Identify areas of risk and
investigate solutions.DRIVE INNOVATION
- Requires continuous improvement mindset and detail
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement of processes and
the ability to develop and maintain project work flows.
- Utilize the appropriate technology to provide best in class
project solutions. This includes 3D scanning, BIM systems,
estimating and project management software and web based
- Read and communicate construction blueprints, construction
plans or drawings that contain all the details that are needed for
- Perform basic accounting, provide customer driven solutions,
and be able to thrive in fast pace work environment.
- Make recommendations on innovative ideas to eliminate waste and
improve customer and company processes.
- Travel throughout the Midwest and occasionally throughout the
- Continuously learn and educate yourself and the team.
- Strong Leadership, time management, problem solving and
communication skills.EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Engineering, Construction
Management or related Engineering degree equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of preforming industrial and/or commercial
engineering and construction.
- Effective contributor and team player, which can plan and
organize a team with the capacity to motivate and boost
- Understand and preferably be able to perform basic surveying,
layout and modeling.
- Utilize Procore and Microsoft Office
- Understand basic AutoCAD and 3D Modeling.
- Travel up to 25% or as needed, by air and ground.PHYSICAL
- Sedentary strength demands include exerting up to 50 pounds
occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the
- Continuously requires vision, hearing, twisting, and
- Frequently requires standing, fine dexterity, sitting, and
- Occasionally requires walking, lifting, carrying, reaching,
kneeling, pushing/pulling, bending, and crouching.
- Occasionally requires climbing.Interested in hearing more? Easy
Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Ankeny , Structural Steel Project Manager, Executive , Ankeny, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!