Director of Retail Banking
Company: Availa Bank
Posted on: January 19, 2023
EEO/AA employer POSITION SUMMARY The Director of Retail Banking is
responsible for managing and directing the retail sales and
delivery functions for all Bank locations. This includes product
and client relationship development and growth, account
performance, consumer deposits and loan activity and ensuring
compliance with all federal and state regulations pertaining to
retail functions for the bank. This position will be a leader and
strategist for understanding each market demands through
collaborative development, implementation and strengthening our
profitable delivery of retail products and services to meet the
marketplace demands and expectations. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND
- Collaborate with market leaders to establish company and
marketplace goals and key performance measures that are aligned
with the Bank's strategies and enhanced profitability.
- Lead product development, product pricing and making
recommendations for feature/function and technology changes to help
the bank remain competitive and profitable.
- Develops, implements, and manages all consumer and retail sales
initiatives by actively growing client relationships through direct
relationship building efforts, cross selling and outbound contact
- Develop, establish, and facilitate consistent training of
retail products, relationship strategies, and compliance with all
retail leaders and their teams.
- Provide guidance and support to market leaders in all bank
locations to ensure consistent communication, effective coaching,
and leadership in all retail areas.
- Establish quality of service standards to ensure client
satisfaction and retention.
- Perform Retail Business Line competitive analysis on the market
trends to develop a forecasting model, research next generation
products, and make recommendations to executive management on cost
- Participate in various bank committees, to include Growth &
Relationship Development, Marketing, Relationship/Pipeline and
- Develop full understanding of the data in Deposit 360 system
and trends of our clients to support participation on ALCO.
- Alignment and support of Marketing Director's development of
marketing strategies that outlines the significant programs of the
bank, including the expected use of media for Client visibility.
Provide input and assist with the retail component of the Bank's
annual marketing budget.
ROLE QUALIFICATIONS: Education
- Bachelor's degree in banking or finance, or the equivalent
combination of education and work experience. Experience The ideal
candidate will have:
- Minimum 3 years management experience
- Minimum 7 years experience with proactive product pricing
- Experience working with local, regional and national pricing
trends and is able to convey and make recommendations to ALCO that
fits with the bank's overall net income. Other Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates record of providing positive leadership,
confidence, and encouragement, including the ability to challenge,
inspire, and motivate a team to achieve high goals
- Strong math skills; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all
units of measure
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the
ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and
instruct others, understand procedures, and write reports and
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and
instruct others, interpret documents, understand procedures, write
reports and correspondence, speak clearly to Clients and
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment
- Assumes a leadership role in community projects and
- Resolve complex problems involving multiple facets and
variables in non-standardized situations
- Maintain current knowledge of industry regulations,
requirements and trends by attending seminars, member associations
and reading trade periodicals
- Demonstrate a lead by example mentality. Accepts a leadership
role within the bank and participates in bank promotions and
- Travel to all retail locations to support communication and
coaching efforts and achieve desired results Supervisory
Responsibilities This position is responsible for supervising staff
in accordance with the bank's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning,
and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and taking
corrective action with employees; addressing complaints and
resolving problems. PM21 PI201389350
Keywords: Availa Bank, Ankeny , Director of Retail Banking, Executive , Ankeny, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!