Restaurant General Manager
Company: Perkins Restaurant & Bakery - CyHawk Hospitality
Posted on: November 16, 2021
CyHawk Hospitality, Inc., franchisee for Perkins Restaurant and
Bakery, is now hiring a General Manager for our location in Ankeny
Weekends are required with a 50-hour typical workweek. Salary range
is $65,000 - $75,000, depending on experience,plus bonus. Benefits
include 2 weeks of vacation, health, dental, life/disability
insurance, and more. Plus, we're closed on Christmas day.CyHawk is
a growing company that opened our first Perkins in 2007 and
acquired our 19th restaurant last year.
SUMMARY OF POSITIONManages the operations of assigned restaurant;
responsible for achieving planned sales and profit levels for the
restaurant through the implementation, management, and enforcement
of company policies, procedures, programs, and performance
standards. Delivers an exceptional guest experience and provide a
great working environment for the staff.
- Reports directly to Regional Manager
- Internal: Extensive contacts with all levels of store personnel
as well as all home office departments.
- External: Extensive contacts include guests, distributors,
repair technicians, salespersons, and community organizations and
- Demonstrates principles actions, uses sound judgment and follow
through on commitments.
- Anticipates problems and issues and makes timely and sound
- Demonstrates a passion and working knowledge of food, liquor,
beer and wine.
- Leads by example and maintains a guest first focus.
- Sets and shares goals with team, monitors and tracks progress
- Directly and honestly addresses issues and resolves conflicts
and seeks opportunities for improvement.
- Clarifies roles, responsibilities, priorities and
expectations.POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Directly supervises all unit management, INDIRECTLY SUPERVISES
non-exempt employees during the hours of restaurant operation;
directly accountable for all administration and operations,
ensuring execution of all employee duties to guarantee maximum
guest satisfaction and a quality work environment.
- Responsible for achieving plan profit levels while ensuring
maximum guest satisfaction.
- Plans and analyzes unit's manpower, ensuring sufficient
development and training of all employees, including
- Required, under certain circumstances, to perform/assist all
functions for all positions in the restaurant.
- Ensures that all menu items are prepared, portioned, and
presented properly in a clean, safe and sanitary manner according
to all established procedures, performance standards, and
- Ensures the unit's compliance to productivity and service
standards with a sufficient number of well-trained and productive
- Ensures proper management of the facility and equipment through
preventive maintenance, energy conservation, repairs, security
measures, and adherence to safety and sanitation requirements.
- Ensures that inventory levels for both food and non-food items
are properly maintained in accordance with company guidelines
through correct ordering procedures and efficiency usage and yield
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to
achieve guest satisfaction.
- Accountable for accurate financial data to include: payroll,
cash and receipts, productivity food costs, security of funds, and
operating expenses; prepares and reviews financial reports.
- Attends scheduled regional meetings; makes presentations as
requested.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Extensive standing and walking for up to 8 hours
- Must be able to see at a distance (20) feet, at close range (12
inches), distinguish between shapes and utilize peripheral vision
to avoid hazards.
- Must be able to communicate clearly
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depts. of 2 - 3
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space
- Must have time management skills
- Must be able to read, write and perform addition/subtraction
- Must be able to control and utilize fingers to write, slice
chop and operate equipment.
- Must be able to fit through openings 30 wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy
pressure/stress during busy times
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 50 pounds for
distances up to 30 feet
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Exposure to dish and cleaning chemicals
SUPERVISION RECEIVED:Receives direction and training from Regional
Manager as to the specific procedures and assignments.EDUCATION
LEVEL REQUIRED:High school diploma; some college or degree
preferred.EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:1 - 2 years General Manager
experience preferredDisclaimerThis position description in not
intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of
all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions
associated with job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate
reflection of those principle job elements essential for making
decisions related to job performance, employee development and
compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and
responsibilities as required. This franchise is independently owned
and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to
the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the
management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at
this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location,
and not to Perkins Corporate. Associated topics: back end, day
manager, deli manager, frontend, grocery store manager, manager,
night shift manager, produce manager, restaurant manager,
Keywords: Perkins Restaurant & Bakery - CyHawk Hospitality, Ankeny , Restaurant General Manager, Executive , Ankeny, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!