Company: Airgas Inc
Posted on: January 15, 2020
RE YOU READY TO LEAD A PASSIONATE AND HARD-WORKING TEAM EAGER TO
DRIVE OUR BUSINESS FORWARD?
APPLY NOW AND MOVE YOUR CAREER FORWARD WITH AIRGAS AS A PLANT
MANAGER IN ANKENY, IA!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The Plant Manager is responsible for supervising and coordinating
activities of workers engaged in producing and repackaging of
compressed and liquid gases into cylinders, correcting unsafe acts
or conditions without delay, and assigning job tasks to workers
according to customer needs, current stock levels and workers
* Operates and safely maintains the plant for pumping or
repackaging of gases into cylinders while ensuring compliance with
all federal, state, local and company policies, procedures,
regulations and laws.
* Maintains a neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
* Studies production schedules and estimate worker-hour
requirements for completion of job assignments.
* Establishes and/or adjusts work procedures to meet production
* Implements measures to improve production methods, equipment
performance, and product quality.
* Modifies working conditions and use of equipment to increase
efficiency of work crew.
* Ensures all safety rules are strictly observed and safety
training is regularly scheduled, conducted and documented.
Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety
* Ensures all injuries and accidents are properly investigated and
reported within 24 hours.
* Analyzes and resolves, or assists workers in solving, work
related problems. Recommends and/or initiates personnel actions,
such as promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary
measures. Ensures associate issues, employee relations, etc. are
* Manages and leads subordinate supervisors to provide leadership.
Initiate and/or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve goals.
Provides coaching and corrective action promptly, to ensure that
poor performers are identified, documented and improved to
acceptable performance, or released.
* Trains new workers and cross trains associates to continue
production during personnel shortages.
* Maintains time and production records and approves overtime when
essential, while keeping overtime at acceptable levels.
* Additional duties and projects as may be assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
* High school degree/GED required. A total of five (5) years of
industry experience to include a minimum of two (2) years of
demonstrated experience working in a supervisory/leadership role.
Prefer prior experience with compressed/packaged gases.
* Prior experience utilizing SAP preferred.
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word,
Excel, and Outlook).
* Strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of how to
leverage metrics and related tools to improve production efficiency
* Excellent oral and written communication skills. Communication
skills that ensure a smooth flow of information between self and
others through clear speaking and writing, encouragement of open
expression of ideas, and effective listening.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively
with others in both favorable and unfavorable situations regardless
of status of position. Accepts cultural diversity and establishes
effective working relationships.
* Demonstrated knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication,
and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions
and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratios, and percent.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Self-starter, self-motivated, well organized, ability to work
* Detail oriented with the ability to complete handwritten
compliance documentation neatly and accurately.
* Demonstrated dedication to product quality and customer
* Able to operate a fork-lift.
* Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules,
regulations, procedures which are applicable to this positions
WE TAKE CARE OF YOU:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical,
Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability
Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan
with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
WHO WE ARE:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of
industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and
related products, one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety
products, and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million
customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services
and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100
locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access
telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in
gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas
offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading
technology and innovations.
CHECK OUT WHAT A CAREER AT AIRGAS CAN OFFER YOU!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the
Great place to work with great growth potential - Director,
Opportunity to advance and a great safety program - Driver,
Fun people to work with and flexible management - Sales
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,
Keywords: Airgas Inc, Ankeny , PLANT MANAGER, Executive , Ankeny, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!