Senior CAD Specialist/Trainer/Manager
Company: MSA Professional Services, Inc.
Posted on: February 28, 2019
MSA specializes in the sustainable development of communities. Yet, what we do is more than just a portfolio of projects. We are committed to going beyond the project - to building honest, open relationships and becoming a source of expertise and support in order to help make our communities stronger. Founded in the 1930s as a rural land surveying business, MSA has grown into an employee-owned, multidisciplinary consulting firm employing more than 350 engineers, architects, planners, funding experts, surveyors, GIS experts, landscape architects and environmental scientists. We have 16 offices across six states (Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Texas and Wisconsin) and collaborate to pioneer projects in communities throughout the United States. MSA has earned a variety of notable industry accolades. We have been named by the Zweig Group as one of the 2017 "Best Firms to Work For" and continue to climb the Engineering News Record's Top 500 Design Firms list, ranking No. 310 in 2018-a 17-position rise from the previous year. MSA was also honored to be named Company of the Year for 2018 by the Wisconsin chapter of the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) Association, an award that recognizes our commitment to being a team-led, employee-focused, engaging and balanced place of work. Position: We are currently seeking a full-time Senior CAD Specialist to support our teams in Iowa and Illinois. This person can work in our Ankeny, Bettendorf, Cedar Rapids or Dubuque office. This person will work with our Iowa and Illinois programs on a wide variety of projects including streets, sewers, wastewater and water utilities. In addition, this person will assist with training including assist with current staff questions and issues relating to CAD. This is a great opportunity to join our CAD steering committee to have an impact on our company CAD standards. Responsibilities:
- Utilizing CAD software to perform detailed drafting of transportation and municipal projects including plan preparation.
- Troubleshoot, analyze and resolve user issues and CAD related questions.
- Develop quality control procedures to ensure uniformity of CAD drafting outputs.
- Leverage the power of 2D/3D design tools and smart technologies to create efficient processes for the engineering, construction and operations.
- Provide training on CAD techniques and software.
- Develop, coach, and mentor technicians.
- Research/analyze new and emerging CAD technologies, and modeling/analytical software applicable to engineering design activities.
- Automate CAD routines to support standards and improve productivity.
- Creating, managing, and growing a library of design details.
- Review, create and revise existing CAD standards as part of our CAD Steering Committee.
- Stay current on latest CAD technology and trends. Required Skills Required Experience
- Associate's degree in Civil Engineering Technology or related degree required
- 8 or more years of civil/municipal engineering CAD drafting required
- Candidates with additional experience are encouraged to apply
- Prior experience with 3D modeling required
- Proficient in Civil 3D or GEOPAK required
- Candidates with experience with Auto CAD and Microstation preferred
- Desire to have a split role between CAD production and helping other users resolve issues including finding more efficient ways to use the technology
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work in a consulting environment It takes a village to change the earth for the better. If you have the passion and skills to help design and engineer a better world, we'd love to have you on our team. At MSA, we help people live, work and play better. That goes not only for our clients and the communities we serve, but for our team members too. Join us and launch your innovative new career in a 100% employee-owned workplace that believes in flexible work schedules, honest transparency, a supportive team environment and a commitment to helping make communities stronger, together. MSA also provides a comprehensive suite of benefits and incentives including competitive health, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, support of ongoing professional education, opportunities for community involvement and participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Apply today at msa-ps.com. MSA is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action EmployerJob Location Ankeny, US-IA
Keywords: MSA Professional Services, Inc., Ankeny , Senior CAD Specialist/Trainer/Manager, Engineering , Ankeny, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!